Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sunburn

Too much sun yesterday, paying for it today during a 9 hour shift.

Great Weekend, saw Inter Milan beat AC Milan 2-0 on Sunday at Gillette Stadium. AC didn't play very well, but Milito's first goal came around the 5th minute and it was well deserved. He cut back across Oguchi Onyewu and buried the shot near post. Ronaldinho had a few nice plays, including a free kick that sped past the post on the wrong side.

Completely spent today, no energy at all. Something incredible would have to be happening to get me to go out after work, I just want to pass out. Not like that will be possible at 9 when I go home but just resting tonight should let me have a life tomorrow.

Four classes next semester, definitely going to be a lot of work, requiring much more effort than last term. It's depressing, the older I get the more serious everything becomes. If maturity doesn't grow at the same rate of age-related reponsibility, there's a problem.

It's time to sacrifice some of the more irresponsible things I do and focus more on the academic side of education instead of the social part. Old habits are difficult to break, it's not going to be simple but if I can get work done ahead of time I won't be scrambling the night before an assignment is due. Or at least not as much.

I can't keep the attitude I have, there's too much at stake not to change. The fact is, if I don't get good grades and get off academic probation I won't be allowed back at USF in the Spring. No pressure, right?

Lately trying to fall asleep has been less trying - but no easier than I'm used to. Tend not to stress out as much any more, but feeling drained the day after a rough night is no good.

But each time the sun rises it's a new day with a whole different set of experiences and opportunities, and all I can do is get out of bed and meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment