Sunday, July 12, 2009

For someone with a pretty good memory, I can be pretty forgetful.

For example, this morning I tried to get into work with my house key. Thought I grabbed my work key last night on my way out of the house, and this morning I get to work and realize I'm SOL. Thankfully I was able to get everything sorted and my house isn't too far away from the job, plus my friends rescued me by shuttling me back and forth while a customer waited outside. I apologized profusely, he was understanding and told me he wasn't in a hurry or anything. Thankfully, he was still there when the store was opened and no customers were lost.

Soccer at 6:30 tonight, should have more than 5 people this time, that was no good last Sunday. Game lasted all of 25 minutes if that, 3v2 is not enjoyable, it would be more fun to just take shots. USA tied Haiti in stoppage time yesterday, after losing their 1-o lead to two unsanswered goals. Stuart Holden hit a spectacular first touch shot to the upper right corner of the net, a great strike. Czech it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJeTDvQsMsk

Would have been nice to see it in person, but it's not a big deal, there will be more matches to catch. The World Cup is definitely a must in this life, as is heading to Stamford Bridge and pretty much any stadium to see world class futbol. The MLS is improving, and the games are cheap as hell, but the level of play overall is just of less quality in comparison to the European leagues. This is why any talented American player must play overseas to further their career, if they're serious about taking it to the next level. Intramurals at USF and heated pick-up games are about as competitive as it gets nowadays, it's playing that matters most.

Last night the a blanket on the floor, a sleeping bag and some pillows were the bed. My back feels pretty good today, I didn't sleep that well but well enough to function.... maybe not, I did forget the key, didn't I?

No idea what's going on tonight, but it's not an issue. I'm ready to go out and misbehave, do nothing and take it easy, see a movie, or just kick it with some good people. Keeping in touch with people this summer hasn't been the easiest thing to do, but an occasional conversation or just getting a tiny update on what someone's up to makes the next face-to-face more meaningful. You don't have to go over all the little things because you're already aware of some of those details, allowing conversation to open up into other things.

Been working on not saying as much lately, trying to listen more instead of rambling. It's a bad habit and I sure as hell notice when someone else is dragging on, and that's definitely not a one-way street. I'm probably more guilty than the people I roll my eyes at. Maybe making a list of things for myself to work on would be helpful, it's nice to have a reminder.

I need to hit every single Marshall's and go searching for some new shirts, shorts and pants. all of my clothes are too big. This is a huge pain in the ass because I love my t-shirts, and I have so many of them. Is it weird that I'm attached to my collection? I don't think so - I picked all that stuff out because I liked it and wanted to wear it. Maybe I can sell some of my wardrobe to put towards new stuff, but maybe I'll hang on to the stuff I like the best that kind of fits and throw it all in the dryer a bunch, or just stubbornly wear it even though it's too big. Simultaneously, I am excited to be on the hunt for new stuff, so I'm full of conflicted emotions. Maybe I should phase the stuff out little by little, or just make a clean cut and offload it all at once. Charity would be a good thing to do, but I am pretty strapped for cash and in real need of some stuff that fits.

Oh well. If I can sell anything that's awesome, but if it all goes to charity I won't sweat it - I'm complaining about this shit while there are plenty of people who will never have enough clothing, or ever own things that are the right size. Does that make me a bad person? A little bit, I think.

Enough writing in this for today. Since I've been writing here I have stopped writing poetry and songs, I was doing that quite a bit a couple months ago. As long as there's words on the page, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment