Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oh what a night

I brought three books into work today, and have yet to read a single word. I've been rifling through all the soccer news I can find, through goal.com, espn, sports illustrated and msn. Last night? Incredible. I'm looking forward to the next shindig of that size and nature we throw.

Fireworks, Friends, a fire, and festivities. All alliteration aside, I'm quite satisfied with July 4, 2009. Maybe there will be enough people to play 3v3 tonight, but I'm not going to hold my breath. It's another sunny, beautiful day and any negatives are vastly outweighed by the scenery. To go from about four days without rain in June to two solid days of sun in the first 5 days of July restores some of my belief in karma, or just some kind of balancing force in the universe. Call me what you will, but if you don't believe what goes around comes around in some way, shape or form you might just be an asshole. If you constantly act like a dick then you might not get the same perspective.

Either way, I'm not complaining about this weather. Sure, I love a good rainshower, and am a huge fan of sunshowers, but I did not pack the climate of San Francisco in my bags when I flew home in May - it must have snuck in the luggage as a stowaway.

This summer is packed with things to do, and that's something entirely new to me. I'm used to being lazy, working, and just taking it easy at home more often than not. This is no longer the case. There's almost always something going on, and why not experience as much as you possibly can before summer ends?

When you get back wherever you're going, don't you want to have something to say to your friends when they ask what you did this summer? I certainly do.

Well, I feel bad for neglecting these books, and I have about an hour and a half to put some kind of dent in my reading, so I'm going to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment