Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beirut, Beerpong, can't we all just get along?

Last night was great, this morning not so much. Surprisingly, this is day two of waking up at about ten after crawling into bed around three. Waking up doesn't mean getting out of bed however, I just kind of try and prepare myself both mentally and physically for the day before me for an hour or so before actually getting up and going to work or having some Honey Nut and a cup of tea.

This morning, I woke up in a decent amount of pain. Feels like a pinched nerve on my neck, not very pleasant, and I'm fairly self-conscious of the awkward Tin Man-eqsue way I'm moving to compensate for this injury. Does anyone have an oil can?

One hour into this shift at work, one customer served. Seriously, I swear Cohasset isn't a ghost town, but they do leave the majority of our streetlights off at night. Two wonderful girls I go to school with are coming to visit, I'll call them Gina and Kelly. Trying to find a place to misbehave this evening, and it looks like the great outdoors are a no-go, with the forecast saying 60% chance of rain. It's been so long since I've seen the sun that I'm starting to think maybe it went on vacation or just hit the road, hitchhiking across the galaxy. Speaking of the sun going out, if you haven't seen Danny Boyle's film Sunshine, get on that. You're probably familiar with his work, especially since Slumdog Millionaire (which I myself have yet to see, I'm a hypocrite) did so well at the Academy Awards.

But with Gina and Kelly spending the night and no plan for tonight's tomfoolery, I have some work to do. Then again - when do I ever have a real plan? Not very often, that's for sure. Certainly, I'm capable of setting something up *cough* pick-up soccer *cough* , but I'm fairly passionate about that.

You live, you learn. You live, you burn. I'm just trying not to burn too quickly, because I don't believe that it's better to burn out than to fade away. Eat your heart out, Neil Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment